You don’t need to be perfect, you are awesome.
I’ve been on the Creating with Joy Design Team for the past 5 years.
During that time I’ve created all kinds of projects using a large variety of Embroidered Iron-On
letters. And because I occasionally change my mind of what I want my projects to say,
I have a bag of random letters.
For this month’s Design Team project I decided to use from that bag of random letters.
I gathered my letters together to see what I could spell.
Doesn’t it look like a colorful bowl of Alphabet Soup?
To make a Framed Word Art…
- Measure and cut a 8″ x 10″ piece of Kraft cardstock* to fit inside frame.
- Cut a 5 1/2″ x 7 1/2″ piece of white heavyweight cardstock.
- Arrange letters on white cardstock to play with the random letter placement.
- Use a piece of removable painters tape to keep the letters in line. (just because it’s not perfect doesn’t mean it can’t be straight.)
- Apply fabri-tac glue* to the back of the letters before adhering them to the paper. (I used my finger tip to rub the glue to the letters.)
- Cut a piece of black cardstock 5 3/4″ x 7 3/4″, adhere finished letter art onto the black cardstock. Adhere white and black layers onto Kraft cardstock and place inside frame.
- Optional: Glass in or Out? I left the glass out of the frame for photography purposed. I added the glass back in after I was finished taking the picture.
*Disclosure: This blog uses affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using one of the links, I receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you) that helps offset the costs of maintaining this blog. Thanks for your support!
A little matting and a frame and I have a fun inspirational piece of Random Letter Art.
“This is a sponsored post. As a member of the Joy® Design Team I have been provided product and compensation in exchange for my creative ideas. The views and opinions are my own.